Level Designer para Tactico SciFi
en Sixth Vowel en la ciudad de Buenos Aires - Argentina
If you’re interested in working in a company with great international presence, a self-owned IP with enormous depth, and a truly professional team in Buenos Aires, Sixth Vowel is the place you’re looking for. Excellent contract conditions and work stability.
SixthVowel is looking for great 3d level designers for a tactical game.
Sixth Vowel is looking for an outstanding Level Designer to create environment levels for the tactical RPG we are working on. This position will be in-house, alongside a 3d modeler and a narrative designer, using tools to craft and playtest game levels that appeal to the strategy-focused player market.
The ideal candidate has to be creative, organized, diligent, and eager to make their mark in the tactical games niche. Success in this role requires a team player with a love of strategy and tactics, someone who enjoys the creative challenge of exploring the limits of game mechanics and existing features to their fullest.
To start working with us, the designer will have to perform a technical test and approve it.
- Main Task: Use tools to create, test, tune, and implement compelling levels by fixed deadlines.
- Work within specific storyline requirements using solid mission skeletons as reference, developing levels using current mechanics and considering future ones.
- Perform additional play testing and prepare data and feedback for levels created by other level designers.
- Organize levels according to established and defined difficulty curves.
- Update level design documents and guidelines.
- Remain up to date on tactics and strategic game mechanics, features, and competitive titles.
- Be an active player of tactics games with a deep understanding of core mechanics, game loops, game flow and all supporting features.
- An understanding of game balancing and tuning processes and practices that comes from previous development experience.
- Willingness to accept and provide constructive criticism coupled with the ability to not fall in love with the result of your work, always ready to accept change.
- Ability to effectively manage time and work efficiently within a deadline driven environment.
- Familiarity with Google Apps for Business (Drive Sheets, Docs and Slides), Trello, and Slack.
- Perfect written English and English reading comprehension; Good spoken english.
- 2+ years of professional game design experience.
- 1+ years of professional 3D level design on at least one shipped title.
- A degree or any formal games study.
- Experience with 3D level making software (preferably ProBuilder) and Unity Editor.
- Played many strategy and tactics levels across multiple top games of the genre.
- Innate ability to analyze, understand, and articulate the elements of quality strategy or tactics design.
- Examples of shipped level content we can play.
- Quality Assurance (QA) experience.
- Competitive compensation.
- Talented, passionate and supportive co-workers.
- High level of creative input in designing levels that will be greatly impact the game.
- Healthy work/life balance
Send CV and Writing Samples through this site or at firstname.lastname@example.org
About the game:
A unique intellectual property in the Sci-Fi Action RPG genre whose development time is estimated at 2 years and a half. A science fiction game with an exciting take on humanity’s future. It possesses a rich and mature story and offers a unique experience for roleplaying. With its mixture of strategy and action and its engrossing character development, it presents a new vision for genre, creating a game that is at once self-balancing and immersive.
Trabajos recientes en Sixth Vowel